It’s the beginning of a new year and we’re all moving fast. We’re playing catch up, hammering out plans for the next 12 months (pun intended), and there’s a lot of excitement about the possibilities a new year might bring. But what happens when we’re moving so fast that we don’t stop and address one another’s needs?
Imagine a day where you took the time to meet every need that popped up no matter what. Right there, on the spot. Can you visualize meeting each day with that amount of power? Of course, it’s not always possible to drop everything so you can meet an immediate need but, with open communication and some serious planning, the foundation you’ve established can ensure those needs are already being met.
We’re proud of the team we’ve built. Every person here is full of greatness and they are the fuel to our engine. But how do we make sure we’re meeting their needs? That one simple question can deliver massive results. We continually ask our team and our clients what they need and then we deliver on our promises.
Because we committed to laying it all on the table, we’re gonna go ahead and share the needs we hear most from our tradesmen and craftsmen:
1. They need us to be prepared and to respect their time. When we schedule them to work, we need to be ready for them to show up and get the job done.
2. They need us to respect their expertise. There are so many ways to accomplish the same goal and we’re always stronger when we huddle up. At the end of the day, we’re here to learn from one another.
3. We all need to set one another up for success. Each team supports the next by delivering on the quality of their workmanship. They clean up after themselves and deliver results that exceed expectations for the next in line.
Our clients have expectations too. They invest a great deal of time, energy, and financial resources with great hope and faith that the team they’ve hired will outperform the ask. That’s why our first question will always be: What can we do to make this an extraordinary experience for you and with you?
Then we grab a pen and start taking notes. And because we know you’re curious, here are the top 3 things all of our clients are looking for:
1. They want to be part of the experience. Our commitment is to meet them where they are and guide them to the place where they want to be.
2. They want to feel comfortable delegating tasks to their architect, designer, and builder. Trust is earned and established early on through direct contact or a filtering of trusted referrals. Our job is to maintain that trust and collaborate with intention so that we can bring their dreams to life.
3. They want to feel heard, valued, and understood. This is why you’ll see us huddling up CONSTANTLY! We want to fully understand the task at hand and why we’re doing it. Our team meets on site once a week, face to face, to work through areas that need some clarity. Questions like, “Can you put an outlet in my vanity for a hair dryer?” or “Can we build a trash can storage area with hydraulic lifts so I can hide my trash cans?’ are commonplace and they inspire some of our team’s most memorable moments of creativity!